Wednesday 1 December 2010

Knit cowl


Pattern: My own
Yarn: Alfa by SandnesGarn (grey), Smart by SandnesGarn (mustard yellow)


I gave up. The knit lump above is a cowl I made for myself. My first knitting project for over ten years! But, impossible to take a decent picture of me wearing this soft and warm cowl at this time of the year. Either there was not enough light or then my assistant photographer (otherwise referred as husband) was not home to take advantage of sudden light phenomena. So when I realised that there just might be enough light for a minute or two, I grabbed the cowl, placed it in the brightest place possible and took a picture.

My inspiration for this cowl came from several places: Kalastajan vaimo, lightbluegray and Kaitaliina, to name a few. I just started knitting, so I did not use any actual instructions. Maybe I could write the instructions by myself? We'll see about that. I am not familiar with knitting terminology in English. 

The yarn is merino wool.

2 comments:

Petriina said...

Hmm. Olen jotenkin epäluuloinen tuon " en ole kutonut mitään kymmeneen vuoteen ja sitten tekaisin tämän luomuksen " suhteen. Kaulaliina vai mikälie on hieno ja voin kuvitella, että väritys on just sulle sopiva !

Tuia said...

Turhaan epäilet. Mulla oli kyllä apuna peruskoulun käsityön oppikirja ja siitä oli paljon apua. Siis ihan älyttömästi, enhän mä olisi edes osannut luoda silmukoita ilman sitä :)

JA jotenkin pelkän aina oikein-neuleen tekeminen olisi ollut liian tylsää, niin pakko oli keksiä jotain muuta. KAikki eri neuloslajit löytyivät siitä peruskoulun kirjasta :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...