Thursday 16 December 2010

Christmas dress


I am not quite sure what Emma is doing in this picture, but it has something to do with princesses. Perhaps a royal wave? And an itchy arm pit? Haha, she got mad at me when I asked her about that. Anyway, I made this dress one night, when Emma announced that she would not be going to her kindergarten's Christmas party in a skirt, she wanted a dress. Ok. I made her one. The fabric is from Ikea and I only wish I would have had more of it, since I wanted to cut the skirt part in bias. It would have looked much better! Anyway, Emma loves it and that is what really counts.

The dress is from this book:

At first I was a bit disappointed in this book, since it only contained a few variations of some basic patterns. However, the basic patterns in the book are very versatile and I have learnt a lot by just glancing through it.The instructions were very clear and patterns easily traceable. By the way, my book sections is still missing a lot of my books, but I am just trying to think a better way to showcase them. Hopefully sometime soon :)



Not very good photos, but you can probably tell why Emma likes the dress :)

3 comments:

Aira said...

Totally adorable :)

Heidi said...

Oh, so cute! :)

The SPANGLER said...

Hi! I came across your blog via the linky at tea rose home... Love it! I am now your newest follower. If you get a chance pop over and say hi (I'm still a newbie in the blogging world!)

thequickunpick.blogspot.com

I agree the dress looks beautiful as is (gorgeous with the sash and tulle too though). Also love some of your refashions - it is so addictive isn't it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...